There are numerous ways that humans can accumulate toxins within our bodies. We are all exposed to toxins in our daily lives, and becoming aware of this can help to formulate sound practices to avoid or rid ourselves of them.
Environmental pollutants (which are largely unavoidable) are probably the most common way that pollutants are introduced into our bodies. Air pollution, water contamination, pesticides, and even industrial chemicals can enter our bodies through inhalation, ingestion, or skin contact. Over time, they accumulate in our tissues and organs!
The number one, most avoidable cause of toxins is our diet! Consuming a diet that is high in processed foods, artificial additives, and preservatives, can introduce toxins into our bodies. The second most avoidable source of toxins is maintaining a sedentary or largely inactive lifestyle. The intentional avoidance of alcohol and tobacco use is another completely avoidable source of harm to our bodies! Other avoidable (but far less known) source of bodily toxins are personal care and household products. Harmful chemicals, legal for use and present in many products, can be absorbed through the skin or inhaled, contributing to toxin accumulation.
Leading a prolonged or highly stressful lifestyle can be devastating! Stress hormones can disrupt normal metabolic functions and impair organ systems involved in detoxification, such as our liver and kidneys.
Toxin Elimination methods to restore bodily health
1.) Hydration: Drinking plenty of water is one of the easiest and most effective ways to flush toxins from your body. Dependent upon your weight, aim for at least 4 to 8 glasses of water a day to help eliminate toxins through urine and sweat.
2. Fiber Rich Foods: Eating a diet rich in fiber can help cleanse your digestive system by promoting regular bowel movements and preventing constipation. Good sources of fiber include fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and legumes..
3. Probiotics: Probiotics are live bacteria that promote good gut health and help to maintain a healthy balance of bacteria in your digestive system. Consuming fermented foods such as yogurt, kefir, sauerkraut, or kimchi can help replenish the good bacteria in your gut.
4. Herbal Remedies: Certain herbs have been used for centuries to help cleanse the body of toxins. Some examples include milk thistle, dandelion root, burdock root, and cilantro. Be sure to talk to your healthcare provider before trying any herbal remedies
5. No Processed Foods: Avoiding processed foods and sugar: Processed foods and sugar can cause inflammation and disrupt the balance of bacteria in your gut, making it harder for your body to eliminate toxins. Try to limit your intake of processed foods and sugar as much as possible.
5. Exercise: Exercise helps our bodies to promote circulation, which in turn can help flush toxins out of your body. Aim for at least 30 minutes of moderate exercise a day, such as brisk walking, cycling, or swimming.
Detoxification – Benefits
While there are numerous great reasons to detoxify our bodies, most persons report experiencing a renewed. emotional clarity! Persons have also reported an abundance of energy and stamina. Many others reported new weight loss as a result of detoxifying their bodies. Of all the answers received, the most common response was that detoxifying had increased people’s quality of life!
Footnotes / Endnotes:
- Full Body Detox: 9 Ways to Rejuvenate Your Body. – https://www.healthline.com › nutrition › how-to-detox-your-body.
- – ‘9 Reasons to Try a Healthy Detox – And Exactly What to Eat ’- https://health.clevelandclinic.org › are-you-planning-a-cleanse-or-detox-read-this-first By Stephanie Eckelkamp –